Friday 25 April 2008

CLOTHESLINE OF THE WEEK

Yep, it's that time again folks. This weeks winner is Rodney Napper who was pulverised by a double clothesline of destruction from Gary Young and Maxx Payne in 1988. I've mentioned before that the somersault thing when you've been hit sometimes looks stupid but Rodney did it and it looked awesome. Mainly because I think Young and Payne hit him pretty hard. Gorgeous Gary Young always creeps me out a little bit because it looks like he dyes his hair a shade of gingery red. I don't know, maybe that's his natural colour but for some reason I think he dyes it. And he's bigger than you think, every time I see him wrestle I think "boy is Gary Young bigger than I thought". Which is weird because you'd think that after the first time I thought it I wouldn't think it again, but I do.

Anyway, Rodney Napper now lives in a huge mansion on the hill in Tennessee next to Jerry Jarrett's. Little did we know but Rodney made his money from being on WCW's roster for 8 years but nobody knew, apart from Jane Fonda who was a big fan of his. One day when Ted Turner was busy swimming in his money room Jane added Rodney onto the roster as Drizzle, a third member of the Thunder & Lightning tag team. Nobody ever realised. Sometimes he'd go round to Lanny Poffo's house to wrestle him and they'd pretend it was being taped for Nitro. In reality Lanny was just taping it for his own personal collection and in all honesty I don't think Rodney Napper dressed as Julie Andrews from The Sound Of Music would have ever made it onto Nitro. Especially as Lanny was dressed as Maggie Thatcher.

Well, I sent the CLOTHESLINE OF THE WEEK award to Rodney by Fed Ex and I expect he's made up with it. I had to do this because when I went back in time to 1988 Rodney wasn't home.

No comments: