Sunday 23 September 2007

Viva el Zzzzzzzzzzzz: Liverpool vs Birmingham

Huh? Oh sorry, I nodded off there thinking about Liverpool's performance yesterday. I didn't try to pick the team because after my poor showing in picking the team against Portsmouth I've spent the last week in the mountains living in a cave. To help me with my quest to get a Liverpool starting eleven correct this season I took with me some important reading material, The Soccer Who's Who by Jack Rollin. Unfortunately in my haste to visit my mountain hideaway I took the 1989 addition with me by mistake (I wondered why John Lukic and Mark Walters were pictured on the front).

Obviously this didn't help much. BUT, did you know imaginary readers that in the 1986/87 season Brian McClair, Mo Johnston and Alan "Rambo" McInally scored a total of 73 goals between them for Celtic, winning the league title. Then that summer Celtic sold all three, McClair to Man United, Mo to Nantes and Rambo to Aston Villa. Next season Rangers won the league.

I'm ready to continue my task now, and the next game in the Carling Cup against Reading is going to be almost impossible to pick. There's probably about 40 players who could play. I phoned up the Great Soprendo for some encouragement but he told me to stop bothering him and if I phoned again he'd call the police. What a sense of humour my MAGUS has!

No comments: