Monday 24 September 2007

Viva el Jan Molby: Vs Reading

Ok, this is going to be virtually impossible.

Itandje
Darby, Carragher, Hobbs, Aurelio
Benayoun, Lucas Leiva, Sissoko, Leto
Crouch, El Zhar

The 19 man squad on the BBC website doesn't have Kuyt or Voronin in it and if he starts with Torres in the Carling Cup..........well I wouldn't be best pleased. Maybe El Zhar and Benayoun will swap positions during the match because El Zhar usually plays right wing for the reserves. I would have put Insua in at left back because he definitely deserves a chance but Aurelio's a first team player who needs a game, which is probably more important at this stage of the season. Hobbs has improved a lot since the Youth Cup and pre-season friendlies a couple of years ago but I'm still not sure about him. Still, he deserves a chance. Disappointed Ronald Huth isn't involved though.

My magus, The Great Soprendo, hates me so I'm flying solo on this one. Although I did type this blindfolded while humming an ancient Himalayan chant backwards and wearing an Aleister Crowley mask I bought at Asda.

No comments: