Saturday 25 August 2007

Viva el Jan Molby: Vs Sunderland

Number of starting eleven I got correct: SEVEN

Looking into my crystal ball I can see some ancient scripture lost in the almost forgotten past (the previous post): "I don't think they'll risk Gerrard so hopefully Mascherano takes his place and not Sissoko."

Ok, so I got that wrong. I can't believe Sissoko actually scored and even more amazing, it was a 20 yarder. I picked seven out of Liverpool's starting eleven which isn't too bad. But my past self knew he'd got carried away with the changes he made and he was correct. He'd just eaten a Fudge ice cream and I think it messed with his mastering of the black arts.

At least I got the forwards right and so did Rafa, as Torres and Voronin played great together. If Torres could only improve his finishing (or if goalies dived instead of just standing still) we could have a real chance this season. Whenever I saw him play for Athletico Madrid he seemed to get in all the right positions, sometimes making the chance for himself, but it seemed to take him three or four shots to get a goal. The great thing about him and Voronin is that they work real hard for 90 minutes and they really unsettled the Sunderland defence.

Benayoun's agent will be pissed and poor old Crouchy didn't even make the subs bench either. Both will probably play against Toulouse on Tuesday, hopefully Carragher and Sami are ok because if both are out there might be a start for Paletta and I don't think the world's ready for that yet. I think the world's ready for the debut of Ronald Huth but if the planets are aligned it could be the end for all of us. I'll have to take all this into consideration before I pick eleven out of eleven and you my imaginary readers will then truly believe that I'm a protege of The Great Soprendo aka Geoffrey Durham aka The Great Soprendo. YES!!