Saturday 26 May 2007

TED BOVIS IS SUPER PORKY


..............Ted Bovis ..............................Super Porky



I was watching a bit of Smackdown yesterday and it mentioned a UK tour. It was the usual biggish arenas (with 10,000 to 15,000 capacities I'd guess) but it also had Butlins in Minehead. My idea of Butlins is obviously stuck in a Hi-De-Hi time warp because I was thinking they'd probably have knobbly knees and glamorous granny competitions during the wrestling intervals, with people sitting in deck chairs picking the winners. But that was before I saw pictures of the Skyline Pavilion which is pretty damn impressive.
............................................................................................. Looking at the names mentioned it's got Finlay but no Regal. Maybe he worked one too many crap Butlins or Pontins shows back in the 80's so he's taking a day off. Or maybe in 1989 he lost a loser leaves Butlins match against Skull Murphy and they've still got pictures of him at the front gate. Apparently that's why no male northerner with blonde highlights has been allowed in Butlins for the last 18 years, just in case he's Steve Regal. I'm sure he'll be on the tour and Dave Taylor will be there as well but they're just not as big a name as Ashley. I bet she's only there to win the glamorous granny competition.

No comments: