Saturday 19 May 2007

FA CUP FINAL THOUGHTS

Today at the cup final I noticed that President of the FA, free mason, future King of England and all round good egg Prince William is going bald. And because he’s a royal I don’t think he’s allowed to shave his head. My reasoning for this is because if he did creepy people in middle England who collect Queen Mum & Princess Diana mugs would be outraged. I want to see him turn up one day with a killer weave. I remember someone mentioning on TV once that Eddie Jordan had a wig and if that’s right that’s a killer wig. Maybe Prince William could just do what Vince McMahon’s done since he lost his hair match with Donald Trump and sport a doo rag. That’d be fantastic, I think a doo rag and crown combo could work in the 21st century. Henry VIII tried it back in the day but it just didn't hang in the 16th century.

Watching Zaragoza vs. Athletico Bilbao and Etxeberria’s a man who's been going bald for years but he’s still fighting the good fight and refusing to be beat. Etxeberria seems to have been at Bilbao for years just like Urzaiz. Just Like Julen Guerrero, who spent his whole career there, going from the great young Spanish star to the 10 minute over the hill substitute in the space of about 15 years. But it was beautiful while it lasted and I’m sure the people of Bilbao don’t care about his last couple of years because being a Basque there’s nothing more noble than playing for Bilbao and I’ve always liked that fact. I wonder if Howard Kendall even realised before he took over managing them that only Basque’s can play for them. Howie probably had Paul Bracewell and Neville Southall lined up as his first signings. Anyway, I hope Bilbao don’t get relegated (as I write this there 4-2 down to Zaragoza after my man Etxeberria has just dived to win a penalty.)

Oh, the FA cup final was absolutely terrible, probably the worst game of football I've watched this year. Except for England games obviously. Bilbao have just pulled it back to 4-3. Sometimes I wish I was a Basque. VIVA EL BILBAO

No comments: